Friday, June 28, 2013

I make more money in a day

than you make in a year!

No, not TheEditor, nor any of the real or virtual contributors to this strange little blog. We are taking the poor intellectual high road of the low life losers, if you really need to know.

The statement above came to us from a good friend of the K-Landnews. From someone from the island across the Channel. The poor island that will be fracked worse than a Swiss cheese, then run full of water and eventually sink.

Here's what the friend said.

I knew this hard working, hard partying, hard charging entrepreneur. He was not a bad guy, just someone who enjoyed coming out of encounters as the top dog. He had that unnerving relentlessness that is the true reason behind so many successful careers. These folks, male or female, bitch so long that the others let them be. I want to be a director, I want to be a director, I want to be a director...so he was made a director. Not because of excellence but because he had not messed up too badly and had continued to nag.

But the entrepreneur, successful as he was, had one annoying habit. When he was too drunk or too upset with someone this nasty "I make more money in a day than you make in a year!" would come out.

Like the good sheeple we are, we'd cringe but remain silent.

I had left the isle for the United States, and ten years or so had passed. One morning, as I was moving slowly through the packed aisle of my commuter train towards the door, I could hear an argument ahead.

I saw a black male, tall, easily visible, and he was apparently one of the parties in the argument. There were a couple of tall white guys standing right next to him, but they were simply onlookers.

The train stopped, the door opened.

As I stepped forward past the black male, there was a shorter white male right outside the door. He was wearing a light brown corduroy jacket, and his head was half turned to the door.

"I make more money in a day than you make in a year!"

He was visibly drunk, and he did not recognize me.

No comments:

Post a Comment