Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Horror cig packs

Coming to Europe, yeah!

In line with our policy of asking someone as close as possible to an issue to write a post or at least provide input, we found ourselves an unreformed smoker (URS).

What does URS think about the EU proposal to introduce Australian style horror packaging for tobacco? Not just "smoking kills" but photos of real damage.

URS: I am all for it!

K-landnews: Really ???????

US: Yes, I am not kidding. It is harsh but fair, and, of course, I'd love to see the same for alcohol. I'd also be happy if they sell hard liquor only in plain glass bottles, like moonshine. Maybe we can then discuss labeling other products and services accordingly. Have some starving children on fancy diamond packages, or pictures of rotting bird carcasses at all gas stations.

K-landnews: Would you consider quitting?

URS: No. The big effort quitting is overrated, a well intended proposal, and sure, every life saved and so forth, but not my style. I quit for a whole year some time ago, and then went back.

K-landnews: How did you quit, if you don't mind me asking?

URS: Buy a couple of gallons of fruit juice, find some movies to watch, and then take a weekend. You'll be peeing a lot, but you should be fine after a couple of days.

K-landnews: Hm, thank you.

URS: There will be an effect if they introduce these packs, and there will be a business opportunity for hide-the-cigs packaging. Hey, I still have some American Spirit metal boxes from a promotion, perfect fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment