Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Moonshadow, Moonshadow

For those who were not around at the time and who avoid classic rock radio, this is from a Cat Stevens song.

And it is tied to the memory of a good friend, a complex individual, as they say.

The anniversary of his death just passed - again.
And the moonshadow episode popped up - again.

We went on vacation, and he volunteered as a house sitter.

We came back from the vacation, found everything in order, neat and tidy. Then, a short while later, I sat down at the computer to check email for the first time in weeks. Yes, despite blogging my heart out, I could stay away from the machine.

Anyhow, I sat down and saw the note in his handwriting:

I'm being followed by a moonshadow

And then, an inch or so underneath the quote from the song:

man, I must be getting paranoid.

We got many a good laugh out of this in the ensuing years. The note did not make it across the ocean, so this serves as its replacement.

Good bye, Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment