Wednesday, November 14, 2012

An Internet Identity Crisis

Sitting at the computer and typing away for several hours a day to catch up with the German blog competitors is not just hard work and fun at the same time.

It also raises the question, how much personal information do I want to share?
What topics, if any, should I steer clear of?


After some thinking, and a Facebook friend request from a dear old stateside friend, I decided on a strategy.

There won't be anything about the ages of family members, their jobs or schools, or other juicy items.

I am not sure I want to be on Facebook because I have no clear understanding of the whole privacy debate, I told my friend.

The advice received was: set your profile to friends only, and lie about all the rest.

Sounds like the perfect thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment